Development of Agroforestry Models for Promotion of Reforestation in the Different Zones in Timor-Leste
Countries: Timor-LesteDuration: 2021 - 2023 (AFoCO/018/2020)Budget: 605,580 USD
Goal & Objectives
The project aims to the establishment of field-tested agroforestry systems/models in the different agro-ecological zones, which are effective in reforestation and livelihood improvement, and building of the institutional capacity to promote reforestation by demonstrating and scaling up the agroforestry systems/models in combination with CB-NRM approaches. The main objectives are outlined as follows:
- Institutional capacity development;
- Promotion of the CB-NRM mechanism;
- Coordination/collaboration with MAF DPs; and
- Strengthening of linkages with knowledge sharing at the regional level.
The project has three expected outputs:
- Promote reforestation throughout the country by developing and disseminating agroforestry-based reforestation models suitable for introduction in different natural conditions in the typical agro-ecological zones in the country and effective in satisfying the needs of local communities;
- Strengthen institutional capacity of MAF/DGFCIP and the relevant offices to promote reforestation and sustainable forest management in collaboration with MAF DPs, NGOs, and local communities; and
- Build and strengthen linkages with relevant stakeholders in the country as well as the region (especially with AFoCO member countries) for knowledge sharing and scale-up of the agroforestry-based reforestation models.